The comprehensive Paradigm® collection of traditional and innovative seismic data attributes provides tremendous subsurface imaging power by improving the seismic response to specific subsurface or reservoir conditions. Seismic data attributes provide the seismic interpreter with new images that can enhance both the physical and geometric descriptions of the subsurface.
Geometric attributes help define the structural and stratigraphic framework of the seismic interpretation, while physical attributes may be useful as direct hydrocarbon or lithologic indicators.
Seismic Data Attributes benefits
- A rich set of geometric and physical attributes directly impacts all interpretation projects.
- Fast computation (GPU/multi-CPU) and immediate system access to VoxelGeo®, SeisEarth® and Stratimagic®/SeisFacies®.
- Multi-attribute volume visualization in VoxelGeo and SeisEarth facilitates attribute correlations.
- Image processing (voxel opacity) with attribute transformations enables the most advanced subsurface illuminations.
- Workflows incorporate automatic fault extraction and propagation.
Seismic Data Attributes features
- Over twenty different seismic attributes computed from the “complex” seismic trace. These are routinely used to enhance both the physical and geometric description of the subsurface.
- At least seven attributes which allow simple trace processes such as filters, scaling, phase rotation, and others to be performed in a serial workflow
- Structural attributes, including four geometric properties that highlight the lateral relationships in seismic data — dip, azimuth, continuity and Lightscape™ (a transformation for «illuminating» the subsurface)
- A dip steered enhancement attribute for improved interpretation
- Spectral decomposition attributes, designed to analyze channels, thin beds, and other subsurface features
- Three curvature attributes — maximum curvature, minimum curvature and dip curvature — for detecting small-scale changes in reflector curvature corresponding to folds, faults and fractures.
- User-defined attribute allows use of a calculator to specify formulas for creating new attributes
- Coherence Cube: Patented, industry-leading technology used to extract structural and stratigraphic features from seismic data volumes. Multiple methods are available for image enhancement.
- Seismic attribute analysis in SKUA® modeling suite
* Coherence Cube is a registered trademark of Core Labs.